‘Surrender is not an option’: pro-life leaders react to Obama re-election
November 6, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The man that pro-life leaders have called “the most pro-abortion president in U.S. history” has been re-elected, according to projections by major mainstream media outlets.
Obama snagged the race after apparently taking key swing states, including Virginia, Ohio, and New Hampshire. CBN News, CNN, Fox News, and the New York Times have all projected Obama as the winner.
Pro-life leaders took to Facebook, posting messages expressing their frustration at the outcome, as well as expressing hope that pro-life grassroots will continue to advance the pro-life cause despite a pro-abortion presidency.
“Our work to defend the lives of the most vulnerable and to promote human dignity is not dependent on an election,” said Live Action President Lila Rose. “This is a fight for each person, one person at a time. We will only work harder, hope and trust more, and ask God to make our lives a reflection of His love which never disappoints.”
“Time to pray, my friends,” wrote former Planned Parenthood clinic manager Abby Johnson. “Time to get involved in the prolife grassroots movement. We are disappointed, but not out of fight. We will still save babies, with God’s help. We will still save souls, with God’s help. We are sad…but we still fight…and we pray.”
“These are the times that will chisel boys into men, and girls into women. The next greatest generation is already here and being called upon to stand against tyranny,” said Troy Newman of Operation Rescue.
“I know many are going to bed very disappointed with the election results,” said Patrick Mahoney of the Christian Defense Coalition. “I know how you feel! It will take several weeks to analyze the data and get a sense of what happened. However, when I put my head on the pillow here is what I rejoice in:
“Exodus 15:2: ‘The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.’ Christ is King. Blessings!”
The team at Personhood USA posted a message urging supporters to “renew your commitment to the preborn.”
“Regardless of the outcome of today’s election, we must all understand that the President of the United States is not going to abolish abortion for us,” they said. “We have to do it.
“We have to do it without compromise, and we have to do it NOW, because every day that passes marks the deaths of over 3,000 innocent human beings. Please join us in refusing to compromise on human life. We need to fight for 100% of the preborn babies, 100% of the time.”
Kristan Hawkins of Students for Life of America also posted a message. “I know many of us are still disappointed by last night’s results, but, this morning, I want to just remind you of one thing: Surrender is not an option,” she said. “And we must march forward, courageously, because, no matter who is President today or in January, abortion is still happening.”
Hawkins added, “With last night’s presidential election results in, we now know what our next step must be: De-funding America’s Abortion Goliath, Planned Parenthood. And we can’t rely on our President to help us. We must do it.”
In a message to supporters, Marjorie Dannenfelser, the president of the Susan B. Anthony List, wrote: “Let me make one thing clear: the pro-life cause did not lose tonight, Mitt Romney did.
“It is with a heavy heart that I say that he ran a campaign purely on economic issues – and time and time again did not go on offense on our issue,” she said. “Polling this cycle and historical voting trends show that the pro-life issue isn’t only the right thing to do, but it is the winning thing to do politically. I’m afraid Mitt Romney and his team failed to recognize this. We will need to work on this too.”
Pro-life activists had described this race as one of the most important – if not the most important – in U.S. history. With an incumbent who has expressed support for abortion-on-demand through all nine months pregnancy, and a challenger who vowed to oppose abortion in all but the most extreme cases, the choice seemed clear. But in the midst of a major recession, abortion took a back seat to the economy. Romney himself, while far more to the right on abortion than Obama, was one of least vocal of the Republican primary candidates in articulating the pro-life position, instead opting to focus on economic issues.
Also at issue was religious freedom. Pro-life activists and Catholic leaders had banked upon a Romney administration scrapping the so-called HHS birth control mandate, which the country’s Catholic bishops have labeled an unprecedented attack upon freedom of religion. Despite widespread criticism, Obama has continued to defend the mandate, even in its current form without any meaningful religious exemption. Some religious leaders have warned that under the mandate, the future of Catholic health care as well as other charities is in jeopardy.
- Papa Francisc: „Niciun scop – oricât de nobil sau de util -ar fi pentru alţi oameni sau pentru ştiinţă – nu poate justifica distrugerea embrionilor umani”
- 5.000 de persoane la Marşul pentru Viaţă de la Praga
- Medic constănţean acuzat de malpraxis în cazul unui avort la o fată de 15 ani care a murit în urma unei rupturi uterine
- O fetiţă nou născută salvată după ce a fost îngropată de vie de părinţii ei care îşi doreau un băiat
- Camera Reprezentantilor SUA a votat retragerea finanțării Planned Parenthood şi a sistemului de sănătate instituit de fostul preşedinte Obamacare
- FOTO: Zeci de mii de participanți la Marșul pentru viață de la Ottawa 27.05.2017
- Prof. dr. Ilie Bădescu, despre noile epurări (marxist-)culturale: „Ceea ce nu s-a reușit în vremea comunistă urma să izbândească acum: ridicarea unei majorități contra Bisericii” 26.05.2017
- Dr. Vasile Astărăstoae despre vaccinarea obligatorie: „Și drumul spre iad este pavat cu intenții bune” 26.05.2017
- Publicist polonez: „De ce sunt homofob” 25.05.2017
- Ziua Copilului, Zi Liberă Naţională: În Parcul IOR din Bucureşti, în zona Itsy Bitsy, Veronica Iani îi aşteaptă pe copii cu cărţi frumos ilustrate 25.05.2017
- „Dumnezeu are un excepţional simţ al umorului”: Un cuplu adoptă tripleţi, apoi află că li se vor naşte şi gemeni! 24.05.2017
- „De la al treilea copil, nu am mai simţit niciun efort – doar casa devenea din ce în ce mai aglomerată” – Andreea Giurgea, psiholog şi mamă a şase copii 03.03.2015
- Replica Danei Nălbaru la remarca malițioasă a unei femei care îi spune că nu se mai îngrijește ca să arate bine 31.08.2016
- Ultima frontieră a Mișcării pentru Apărarea drepturilor Civile 10.07.2012
- „Familia înseamnă să te laşi pe tine şi plăcerile tale la o parte. Şi asta nu e uşor.” – interviu cu Andreea Giurgea, psiholog şi mamă a şase copii 03.03.2015
- O viață salvată: Eram pro-alegere… până în momentul când a apărut Ava 18.09.2013
- Belgia devine prima ţară din lume care aprobă eutanasia copiilor de toate vârstele 14.02.2014
Vizitatori on line
Marșul pentru viață
- UPDATED. May 9th, 2017. Reverse chronology of the Romanian referendum to enshrine in the Constitution the definition of marriage as one-man-one-woman union
- Sophia Kuby, ADF International (Brussels) on Romania’s marriage referendum: “Those who claim that same-sex couples and married opposite-sex couples should be treated identically must demonstrate that it is not the best for children to be raised by their own mother and father”
- Romania’s Coalition for Family and ADF International co-hosted the conference “Referendum for the Family: Analysis and Implications” at the Romanian Parliament in Bucharest
- ADF Intl Press Release: EU Court to rule on landmark Romanian case which could trigger EU-wide imposition of same-sex marriage
- LifeSiteNews: More than 100,000 march for life in Romania, Moldova
- “Europe will live only if the Europe inside pregnant women’s wombs lives”: Speech held by Alexandra Nadane, President of „Studenţi pentru viaţă”, at the March for Life 2017 in Bucharest, Romania
- VIDEO: The March for Life 2017 in Bucharest seen from the Prodocens Media drone
- Why abortion supporters have drawn dozens of obscene slogans along the route of the March for Life in Bucharest, Romania?
- Press release: The March for Life 2017 in Romania: 110,000 de participants in 138 cities
- VIDEO. March for Life in Bucharest draws thousands
adopţie alegeri SUA avort consiliere în criză de sarcină contracepție copii copil copil nenăscut criză de sarcină căsătorie căsătorii homosexuale dizabilităţi dragoste dreptul la viaţă educaţie educaţie sexuală eutanasie familie familii numeroase femeie însărcinată homosexualitate lege Luna pentru Viață Luna pentru Viață 2017 mamă marxism cultural Marşul pentru viaţă Marșul pentru Viață 2016 Marșul pentru viață 2017 Miracolul vieţii mărturii despre avort mărturii despre criza de sarcină parteneriat civil Planned Parenthood pornografie pro-life pro-viaţă Părinţi referendum pentru familie Revista Pentru viață sarcină sfaturi pentru părinţi sindrom Down valorile familiei viaţă